Date:      Mon, 17 Apr 2000 09:16:44 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        "Conta principal" <miguelfernandez@bridge.com.br>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Instalation

On Sat, 15 Apr 2000 21:06:37 -0300, "Conta principal" wrote:

>     But I dont know how . And when I try to run /stand/sysinstall and
> install the respectives packages , appears some errors . then I go to
> the directory /usr/ports , there are various applications like kde and
> gnome , but when i rum make it say , "gnome.gzip not found "

In future, please send exact error messages.  What you've shown us here
doesn't really help us. :-)

Anyway, let's try to answer the questions you asked.

	http://www.freebsd.org/ports/

>         The official freeBSD CD-rom have all packages ( like gnome ,

The CDROMs include all those packages which can be compiled from working
ports and which we are allowed to distribute.

>     Ah , how I can run linux executables in freeBSD ?

	http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/linuxemu.html

Ciao,
Sheldon.