Date:      Sun, 28 Jul 2002 20:34:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mike Wade <mwade@bluehighway.net>
To:        <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FreeBSD + Dolby Digital Output Support

As a home side project I'm building a small embedded device to play audio
and video files.  One of the requirements is Dolby Digital support and I
was wondering if there are any preferences for hardware under FreeBSD.
AFAIK the C-Media 8738-6CH and Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! support
Dolby Digital Pass Through via S/PDIF.  I assume I'll have to purchase the
OSS drivers for FreeBSD.

Comments?  Suggestions?

---
Mike Wade (mwade@bluehighway.net)