Date:      Sat, 21 Oct 2000 22:13:24 -0700
From:      Rob <europax@home.com>
To:        ahze@baddog.yi.org
Cc:        Chris Dempsey <chrisdempsey@yahoo.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FBSD 411, XFree86 4.0.1, Gnome 1.2 Theme Selection Prob

Good luck with Gnome 1.2.  I finally got mine to start in 2 minutes or
less by using icewm.  Still, I had to turn on core cleaning in
periodic.conf to get rid of the dozens of core files from running it
every day.  Now I'm using Windowmaker.  As nice looking as Afterstep,
but has a couple of nice graphical config programs.  I think I'll wait a
while before trying Gnome again, until the bugs are worked out.    Rob.