Date:      Sun, 6 Jan 2002 23:21:33 -0600
From:      "Mike Grommet" <mgrommet1@austin.rr.com>
To:        "Randall Hopper" <aa8vb@nc.rr.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FXTV + SBLive recording problems

Hmmm some news to report.  I've updated my 4.4 install to 4.5 preinstall
from about a week ago

I thought I had this licked as I went to record the first time and it seemed
to work, although the file conversion failed because of the dist10 problem
mentioned in the appendix.

I downloaded dist10 from the site mentioned, followed the instructions in
the readme file to a "T" as far as I can tell...
I restarted X, and afterwards, I'm getting a new, slightly different,  ioctl
error, which I dont really think is tied to the dist10 upgrade, but anyway:

ioctl(SNDCTL_DSP_SETFRAGMENT,22544394) failed: Invalid argument

I'm a little stumped since this seemed to work perfectly the first time...

Maybe its important to note that sound support is compiled into the kernel
(pcm) and not loaded as a kernel module as I had some troubles getting this
to work.

Naturally, I've got to be the trouble maker :)