Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2001 20:46:16 -0700
From:      Jim Mock <jim@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Josh Elsasser <jre@vineyard.net>
Cc:        Rob <europax@home.com>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Success-  Viao FX290 XF86config file that works mostly

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001 at 23:34:16 -0400, Josh Elsasser wrote:
> I have a Vaio FX220 (same chip, different screen) that I just managed
> to get X working a few days ago (after about two weeks of failure).
> To do this, I had to downgrade to XFree86 4.0.3 from XFree86 4.1.
>
> I have a couple of questions for you: 1) What version of XFree86 are
> you using?  4.0.3, 4.1, or something else?  2) What to the NoDDC and
> NoInt10 lines do?  I did not have to use those, and have never even
> seen them.

On a somewhat related note...  I have a Vaio FX210, and I couldn't get X
4 (any version) to work (I did manage to get 3.3.6 working, but
XF86Setup doesn't work... just goes blank and sits forever).  It would
just sit with a blank screen.  I tried it a few times with different
versions and configs and couldn't get any to work.

It's an ATI chip...

   pci1: <ATI Mobility-1 graphics accelerator> at 0.0 irq 5

Anybody have this model laptop (or chipset) and have it happily running
X 4?  If so, care to share your config?

- jim

--
- jim mock <jim@toxic.magnesium.net>            http://soupnazi.org/ -
- ...and the price of a memory is the memory of the sorrow it brings -