Date:      Tue, 29 May 2001 11:54:53 -0400
From:      "Brian F. Feldman" <green@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>, Michael Reifenberger <root@nihil.plaut.de>, Doug Barton <DougB@DougBarton.net>, cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src UPDATING

Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org> wrote:
> > In message <Pine.BSF.4.31.0105290848330.514-100000@nihil> Michael Reifenberger writes:
> > : Have you tried to start aviplay ( coming from ports/graphics/avifile ) or using
> > : whine?
> >
> > Nope.
>
> vmware does the job too, and I believe star-office.

I've noticed it, and after backing out locally the commits recently made to
"lock" LDT access, things work (at least, as well as they used to).  I
didn't do this hastily;  I spent hours looking at what could possibly be
wrong with the new locking added, and couldn't find anything :(  I know that
sched_lock is being held too long, which means (I think) that either somehow
the code is sleeping with it held or just not releasing it at all.