Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 2002 17:59:08 +0100
From:      Daniel Bye <dan@slightlystrange.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ssh upgrade

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 11:36:03AM -0400, Frederic Dorre wrote:

> I see, but what happens if I upgrade for the second time, will the
> location
> change? or just overwrite the old binary?

If you reinstall from the ports, then the new install will overwrite the
old (upgrade from ports) install.  In fact, you will probably get a message
telling you to "make deinstall" and then "make reinstall" if there is
already a package entry in /var/db/pkg for the ports version of ssh.

In any event, the version installed from the ports will not break the
default, base-system version.  Unless, of course, you deliberately set
PREFIX to /usr, but you wouldn't do that, would you?  ;-)

Dan

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: 3D73 AF47 D448 C5CA 88B4 0DCF 849C 1C33 3C48 2CDC
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \