Date:      Mon, 8 Jun 1998 00:45:37 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Benjamin A. Oldham" <oldhamb@carleton.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   problems with serial terminals...

Howdy...  I'm currently attempting to configure my HP48gx calculator as an
ansi terminal, by pluggin it into a serial port.  (This will serve no real
purpose, but it seems like it should be able to be done, and as long as
I'm procrastinating from my finals...) :-)
	Anyway, I've got the terminal settings set up on the HP (I think),
and I've editted /etc/ttys to reflect the ttyd0 terminal (I've used 'ansi'
as the term type).  I think everything's set up on the FBSD end, but I'm
not getting anything on the HP end.  Before I go trying to hunt down the
programmer of this program, does anyone see some glaring error that I'm
missing?  I've never set up serial terminals before, so it's all around
fun...  And just for the hell of it, has anyone actually tried this
before?  (anyone ever been that bored?)  :-)
	If need be, I can run it in vt52 or in dumb emulation.  (I've
tried both, and as of now, none of the three works...)

Thanks.

Ben