Date:      Sun, 07 May 2000 00:59:28 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it>
To:        "J. Goodleaf" <goodleaf@home.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help! make installworld error; addendum to Asante NIC: followup

On 5/6/00, 9:21:57 PM, Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it> wrote
regarding Re: Help! make installworld error; addendum to Asante NIC:

Oops, I am probably wrong here. This should be immaterial, though. At
any rate, you can check this out by looking at the cvs-crypto
checkouts file.

The following consideration is correct. It regards the "subtle" point.

> As to the "subtlety", I was referring to the "first time" update. In
> this specific case, you should use the list=3Dcvs:<appropriate_tag> tr=
ick,
> as described in J. Polstra's FAQ, in order to correctly update your
> sources (in two steps). This makes sure you do not miss important file=

> deletions. To tell the truth, this piece of information can be
> inferred from the cvsup man pages, but J Polstra's FAQs make this
> point clear and explicit.

> J.Polstra is (wait for it) the author of cvsup ...

I should really have a little more rest (and sleep) *sigh*

Best regards,
Salvo