Date:      Sun, 28 May 2000 22:49:21 -0600
From:      Chris Fedde <chris@fedde.littleton.co.us>
To:        Glenn Johnson <glennpj@bayouhome.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: setting up a VPN

On Sun, 28 May 2000 21:37:47 -0500  Glenn Johnson wrote:
 +------------------
 | A first step would be to know what is the best program to use for
 | achieving this.
 |
 | Any help appreciated and thanks in advance.
 +------------------

It seems that you are on the right track.  There are a couple things to
think about with these configs though.  First are you going to be stepping
on corporate security's toes when you do this?  Second can you ping the
target machine at work?

The big issue is establishing any kind of connection between the
work and home machines.  Once that is done then it is reasonably
simple to get the rest of it going.

A technique that I have used is to establish an ssh session between two
systems. Then bind the socket on both ends using ppp(1)'s tunneling
capability.

chris
--
    Chris Fedde