Date:      Tue, 12 Nov 1996 15:59:42 -0500
From:      Chris Shenton <cshenton@it.hq.nasa.gov>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CVSUP -- can't build port or install package

After the info about SUP being deprecated for CVSUP, I tried to build
the port. Major failure.

Then I saw the mail-storm on installing the package, so I tried
that. Got it from packages-current.

It failed at runtime trying to load modula-3-lib. So I got that from
packages-current/lang/.

It now fails with:

	ld.so failed: Can't find shared library "libz.so.2.0"

I built and installed the libz.a from the ssh port, but I can't
persuade it to build/install a libz.so.* version.

Suggestions where I can get that?  Or the right way to do this?

If it's not easy to switch from SUP to CVSUP, it's gonna be painful
for a lot of people. Thanks.