Date:      Fri, 31 Jul 1998 03:17:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Lanny Baron <purebeef@shaw.wave.ca>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>, Noemie Baron <nbuzaglo@mrs.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Subject:   Re: plush toys

On 31-Jul-98 Greg Lehey wrote:
> On Friday, 31 July 1998 at  2:26:56 -0400, purebeef@shaw.wave.ca wrote:
>>
>> On 30-Jul-98 Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>>> I think the subject of freebsd beefsteaks, freebsd carrots and freebsd
>>> condoms should probably be relegated to that list of "ideas who's time
>>> has simply not yet come." :-)
>>
>>         Umm...the term "beefsteaks" sounds like comparing windoze to FreeBSD
>> with beefsteaks being=windoze!!
>>
>>         As I said earlier.....it would be nice to have FreeBSD Filet
>>         Mignon's,
>> FreeBSD Rib Eye's and FreeBSD New York Steaks. Unfortunately there is no man
>> beef.
>>
>>         Now for the Vegetarians (poor souls) we can have the FreeBSD Garden
>> Burger (hold the relish), and the FreeBSD vipw SoyaBurger. Of course all
>> products would come in the official FreeBSD box with that nifty little devil
>> :-)
>
> We prefer to call it a daemon.
>
>>         We can certainly include Greg Lehey's The Complete FreeBSD and of
>> course a FreeBSD Coffee mug with a sizeable order.
>
> Now this is beginning to make sense :-)
>
>>         On the other hand, if cdrom.com gets an order for linux, by all
>>         means
>> please include a "beefsteak", just not a FreeBSD Steak.
>
> So, Jordan, the time hasn't come?  Times are changing.  I think we
> have finally found a way to differentiate FreeBSD from the other open
> source systems.  Just think of it:
>
>   "FreeBSD.  The red-blooded operating system.  True beef".
>
> Who's going to write the FreeBSD cookbook?
>
> Greg
> --
> See complete headers for address and phone numbers
> finger grog@lemis.com for PGP public key

      Now Greg, did you think I would not include your fabulous works?? I will
get you some really good Morrocan recepies from Noemie, my g/f which would
really get a good thing going for the Official FreeBSD Recepie Manual by Greg
Lehey. And Sue, don't worry, we shall surely include a section for Sue Blake's
FreeBSD Vegetarian guide.

        Jordan, just for the record, when Greg makes the Official FreeBSD Guide
to Global Village Recepies, I want you to do a man borshst or even better do
man gefelte fish.

Lanny

   -----          -----
        \        /