Date:      Mon, 01 Sep 1997 23:57:42 -0500
From:      Mark <markey@chcm.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ok second question

After looking again in the newsgroup, I ran across a posting by someone
who uses Booteasy successfully with NT....and so now I must confess that
the first time I tried installing FreeBSD (a miserable failure which I
neglected to talk about in my first message, because I was apparently
trying to install on a partition which I had forgotten about which was
only 2 Mb) the Booteasy program gave me a menu, which I used to go to
the failed Free BSD partition, whereupon I pronptly rebooted. The
*second* time I went into the NT side, whereupon my computer loudly
complained that it couldn't find ntldr. So then the third time I went
into DOS whereupon my ever-eager Norton utilities had informed me that
all hell had broken loose inside my MBR, and would I like it to fix it
for me. I said sure, so it restored it, brought back ntldr from the
dead, and in the process totally blew away any evidence that FreeBSD had
ever attemped to install.
Now, if I try again on a *proper* partition, will I be able to use the
Booteasy with boot.ini calling up the DOS/NT menu?