Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 2003 12:08:23 -0500
From:      Peter Elsner <peter@servplex.com>
To:        Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Promise RAID card?

I don't know about the SX6000, but I have one on a motherboard (can't
recall what model), I think the Promise TX2000, that works fine.

the GENERIC kernel recognized it and configured it for a RAID 1 (striping
2-80 gigs for a total of 160 gigs)...  It boots just fine off
of that one.

Peter

At 05:16 PM 4/17/2003 +0100, you wrote:

>--On 17 April 2003 11:53 -0400 Chris McGee <chris@xecu.net> wrote:
>

>>Has anyone successfully used the Promise SX6000 card with FreeBSD 4.7?  If
>>so, what kind of configuration are you using?
>
>Bah, and as someone's just reminded me - you can't boot FreeBSD off it
>without building a bespoke boot floppy, as it's not in the generic kernel
>AFAIK...
>
>-Kp

Peter Elsner <peter@servplex.com>
Vice President Of Customer Service (And System Administrator)
1835 S. Carrier Parkway
Grand Prairie, Texas 75051
(972) 263-2080 - Voice
(972) 263-2082 - Fax
(972) 489-4838 - Cell Phone
(425) 988-8061 - eFax

I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though she's
too young to have logged on yet. Here's what I worry about. I worry
that 10 or 15 years from now, she will come to me and say "Daddy, where
were you when they took freedom of the press away from the Internet?"
-- Mike Godwin

Unix IS user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.
System Administration - It's a dirty job, but somebody said I had to do it.
If you receive something that says 'Send this to everyone you know,
pretend you don't know me.

Standard $500/message proofreading fee applies for UCE.