Date:      Mon, 15 Oct 2001 00:03:27 +0100
From:      Postmater Default Mailbox <freebsd-lists@i-zone.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: named problem

In article <5.1.0.14.0.20011014170019.02ef9fd8@mail.Go2France.com>, Len
Conrad <LConrad@Go2France.com> writes
>This is standard W2K behavior, nothing at all to with whatever version of FBSD
>or DNS you run.

arrrgh I might have known!

>In W2K tcp/ip advanced setting, uncheck "register with DNS".  If you don't every
>W2K machine will attempt updating DNS forever, because the DNS never ACKs the
>update.

Thank you very much, it would have taken an age to suss that one out on
my own. i have to admit I haven't seen the error before, though, which
is why I initially thought it was to do the upgrade. Perhaps the new
system is logging things more effectively.

thanks again. very speedy reply!
--
John - freebsd-lists@i-zone.demon.co.uk - jfm@reiteration.net
http://www.reiteration.net/~jfm