Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 2002 14:17:46 -0400
From:      "Jud" <jud@myrealbox.com>
To:        pavan.balaji@intel.com
Cc:        zergling363@yahoo.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RE: bootloader

From: "Balaji, Pavan" <pavan.balaji@intel.com>
To: "'Jud'" <jud@myrealbox.com>, zergling363@yahoo.com
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 11:07:23 -0700
Subject: RE: bootloader

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I'm not too sure about this. My impression was that all bootloaders
(including grub) load themselves into the primary disk -- do you have an
option to specify which harddisk you want to load to. Infact that's the
reason why most (if not all) Operating Systems need the primary partition t=
be on the primary harddisk.

Pavan Balaji,
CIS Graduate Student,
Ohio State University

Yes, GRUB gives you the option.  The GRUB documentation
is available at http://www.gnu.org/manual/grub/html_mono/grub.html .

In any case, the solution is the same, given that I
imagine the system is booting from the first disk,
while, having uninstalled FBSD from the second disk,
Rap is wondering why he still sees its bootloader.

Rap should install on the first disk the
bootloader he wants to use.

Jud