Date:      Thu, 21 Feb 2002 18:56:38 +0100 (CET)
From:      Simon J Mudd <sjmudd@pobox.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: ipfw and getting the interface logged

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Joe & Fhe Barbish wrote:

> This messages are being issued by the log_in_vain="YES"
> option in rc.conf.

> These are connection attempts by somebody who is trying to break into
> your system and got stopped before your IPFW firewall even knows about
> it.

That _would_ be fine, but it's one of my own machines on the LAN

> This is a good thing. Do not change anything.

Yes I need to change something because I want a remote X client to use my
X server, and currently my _incorrect rules_ are not permitting this.
In theory I have a

${ipfw} add pass all from ${mynet} to ${mynet}

which is supposed to allow all my traffic on the network unhindered, but
it's not working and I've got to figure out why. (Probably something
simple, but with these things I can't currently see the obvious.)

> You can do a whois ip  command to see where those ip address
> range is registered to.

No need :-) but thanks for the suggestion.

Simon
--
Simon J Mudd,   Tel: +34-91-408 4878,  Mobile: +34-605-085 219
Madrid, Spain.  email: sjmudd@pobox.com,  Postfix RPM Packager