Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 2002 14:18:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
To:        bcates513@hotmail.com (Brett Cates)
Cc:        "BrettC@campbellhealth.netsnaelq"@techst02.technion.ac.il, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i have a question!

Again, the key difference is that FreeBSD is a descendant of
the original BSD family of UNIX and LINUX is a descendant of
the sVr4 family of UNIX.  Otherwise, what you say above is true.

There are some write-ups out there that get in to more detail.
Do some searching in archives and various online publications.

////jerry