Date:      Wed, 20 May 1998 14:36:07 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Marino Ladavac <lada@pc8811.gud.siemens.at>
To:        Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG, Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
Subject:   Re: talk (fwd)

On 20-May-98 Eivind Eklund wrote:
> Seems most people here are either old Unix-heads (who has been on Unix
> for 15 years or more) or old Amiga-users.  Both experience and a
> committmend to excellence will bring you here ;-)

With all due respect, sir, I strongly disagree!

old-unix-head and old-amiga-user is not nearly as either-or an issue
as you imply :)

FWIW, I'm an ex-amiga user since the amiga was the first affordable
machine that could pre-emptively task-switch and had a reasonable
IPC as well.  Then came the L-word (everyone has a skeleton or two
in his closet) because it was smaller than 386BSD, and then came the
FreeBSD because it worked consistently (and was documented as well).

/Marino