Date:      Sat, 13 Jun 1998 19:30:57 +0000
From:      Daniel Haischt <sirabyss@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ppp and color problems

HIYA

If I want to use ppp (not kernel ppp) to establish a connect to my ISP, the following err occures all the time:

ld.so failed: Cant't find shared library "libdes.so.3.0"

I dont know why this err occures (I just modified ppp.conf and dont deleted any libraries and stuff)
I did a novice installation with X-Developer option, so i guess this library should be installed at my system.

I also have some problems with colors in X. If I execut an application I'll get sometimes the following err:

Cannot allocate colormap entry for default background.

If I view a pic it appears like a 16 color pic, even if I have switched into 32bit mode....

Any Suggestions about how to manage ppp dailups or geting a full 32bit colored X?????

Any help would be appreciated - THANX

Bye Daniel Haischt aka CyberOdin