Date:      Wed, 08 May 1996 10:52:57 +0000
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
To:        brian@MediaCity.com
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard), ec0@s1.GANet.NET, ejc@nasvr1.cb.att.com, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: -current not booting

> Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> > It may also be something to do with phk's changes to locore.s.  I
> > don't know, there are so many variables!  Would it be possible for you
> > to grab a copy of the CVS tree and roll back /sys until you get a
> > working kernel again?  That would definitely help us to figure out
> > *when* the problem crept in.
>
> I too ran into the kernel boot problem.  Building a GENERIC
> kernel works fine.  Building based on my LOCAL definition produces
> a kernel which reboots just after loading the kernel.
>
> I re'suped and built again.  Still rebooted.
>
> I 'cp LOCAL LOCAL.bak', 'cp GENERIC LOCAL', then edited the new LOCAL
> adding my original LOCAL specific stuff back in.

Are you saying that the two files were identical (disregarding comments !)
and once kernel doesn't work ?

I have a hard time beliving that.

I guess if you can tell us the difference we can find the bug ?

whois: [PHK]                | phk@ref.tfs.com       TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
Future will arrive by its own means, progress not so.