Date:      Sat, 14 Nov 2015 19:24:32 +0100 (CET)
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Trond_Endrest=F8l?= <Trond.Endrestol@fagskolen.gjovik.no>
To:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Erlang 18.1.4. and wxWidgets 2.8.12 on amd64 ==> Segmentation fault

Hi,

Why doesn't Erlang 18.1.4 and wxWidgets 2.8.12 get along on amd64?
I'm seeing segmentation faults on both stable/10 and head:

$ erl
Erlang/OTP 18 [erts-7.1] [source] [64-bit] [smp:4:4] [async-threads:10] [hipe] [kernel-poll:true] [dtrace]

Eshell V7.1  (abort with ^G)
1> wx:new().
Segmentation fault

Running ktrace on erl and its descendants reveals:

 89995 3_scheduler PSIG  SIGSEGV SIG_DFL code=SEGV_MAPERR

I guess this is related to some mmap(2) calls.

Erlang is configured as shown below. The strange part is that Erlang
runs correct with the exact same configuration on i386, be it
stable/10 or head. Should I disable DTrace and/or HiPE on amd64?

Unless this is a known defect, I'll start gathering the facts and open
a new PR.

erlang-18.1.4,3
Name           : erlang
Version        : 18.1.4,3
Installed on   : Sat Nov 14 04:51:54 CET 2015
Origin         : lang/erlang
Architecture   : freebsd:10:x86:64
Prefix         : /usr/local
Categories     : java lang parallel
Licenses       : APACHE20
Maintainer     : olgeni@FreeBSD.org
WWW            : http://www.erlang.org/
Comment        : Functional programming language from Ericsson
Options        :
	DIRTY          : off
	DOCS           : on
	DTRACE         : on
	GCC            : on
	GS             : off
	HIPE           : on
	JAVA           : off
	KQUEUE         : on
	ODBC           : off
	OPENSSL        : on
	SCTP           : on
	SMP            : on
	THREADS        : on
	WX             : on
Shared Libs required:
	libwx_gtk2u_gl-2.8.so.0
	libwx_gtk2u_adv-2.8.so.0
	libGLU.so.1
	libGL.so.1
	libwx_gtk2u_core-2.8.so.0
	libwx_gtk2u_xrc-2.8.so.0
	libstdc++.so.6
	libcrypto.so.7
	libwx_gtk2u_stc-2.8.so.0
	libwx_baseu-2.8.so.0
	libc.so.7
	libgcc_s.so.1
	libwx_baseu_xml-2.8.so.0
	libwx_gtk2u_html-2.8.so.0
	libwx_gtk2u_aui-2.8.so.0
Annotations    :
Flat size      : 279MiB
Description    :
Erlang is a programming language used to build massively scalable soft
real-time systems with requirements on high availability. Some of its
uses are in telecoms, banking, e-commerce, computer telephony and
instant messaging. Erlang's runtime system has built-in support for
concurrency, distribution and fault tolerance.

WWW: http://www.erlang.org/

Depends on     :
	gcc-4.8.5
	wx28-gtk2-contrib-2.8.12_6
	wx28-gtk2-2.8.12_6

--
| Vennlig hilsen,               | Best regards,                      |