Date:      Sun, 25 Nov 2001 13:01:08 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Ryan K. Losh" <rklosh@rkl.org>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.4-Stable + USB question...

> As I said, I know what it is. I have one I use for a portable ps/2
> keyboard. Testing a real USB mouse now works fine. I'll go drag my
> adaptor out and test it.
>
> Mine is just labelled "USB-PS/2". The keyboard works on it, but
> plugging in a logitech 3 button mouse gives me;
>
>   ukbd0: MCT Corp. PS/2 - USB Interface Adaptor, rev 1.10/1.03, addr 2,
>    iclass 3/1 uhci_device_intr_transfer: not done, ii=0xc3c17020
>   kbd1 at ukbd0
>   ums0: MCT Corp. PS/2 - USB Interface Adaptor, rev 1.10/1.03, addr 2,
>    iclass 3/1
>   ums0: 3 buttons and Z dir.
>
> The light on the adaptor flashes when I move the mouse or press
> buttons, but indeed, I get no input. So yes, it looks like there is
> a problem with these devices and mice.

Mine has no light on it.  I was able to get some response from the
mouse when I press both buttons and move the mouse.  The cursor gets
"wedged at the top" and doesn't behave properly.  I've seen this
behavior before when creating XF86Config files by hand and guessing
the wrong bus mouse protocol.  Perhaps the USB kernel driver is
interpreting the signal from the USB port incorrectly for these
devices???

Ryan