Date:      08 Jun 1998 15:42:31 +0900
From:      CHOI Junho <junker@jazz.snu.ac.kr>
To:        Dima Dorfman <dima@zwb.net>
Cc:        ais@indosat.co.id (Agus Iskandar), freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FAT32

Dima Dorfman <dima@zwb.net> writes:

> > 1. I have installed a FreeBSD 2.2.2-RELEASE in my PC,
> >     but I couldn't mount my Windows 95B partition, which is FAT32
> > Filesystem.
> >     When I mounted it using msdos filesystem, the system going wild
> > (reboot).
> >     Is there any mount command (or another FreeBSD filesystem) which is
> >     FAT32 compliance ?
>
> No, at least not in 2.2-R.  Maybe in -current, but I'm not sure.

-current includes FAT32/VFAT support, but -stbla doesn't.

Here is unofficial FAT32/VFAT(the author borrowed it from -current)
kernel patch for 2.2.x.

  http://members.aol.com/hyama99/index.html

I tested it for 2.2.5, but I'm not sure for 2.2.2

--
 ----Cool FreeBSD!----MSX Forever!---J.U.N.K.E.R/Beat Snatchers!----
  CHOI Junho <junker@jazz.snu.ac.kr>  http://jazz.snu.ac.kr/~junker