Date:      Sun, 21 Mar 2004 09:32:32 -0500
From:      Robert Fitzpatrick <robert@webtent.com>
To:        Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Cc:        'Oliver Eikemeier' <eikemeier@fillmore-labs.com>
Subject:   Re: Building Heimal without using ports

On Sun, 2004-03-21 at 07:03, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 05:56:10PM -0500, Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:
>
> > kdc# ldd /usr/bin/kadmin
>
> /usr/bin/kadmin is installed by the system, not by the
> security/heimdal port.  Unless you tell them otherwise, ports install
> files under /usr/local or /usr/X11R6.  Try running ldd(1) against
> /usr/local/sbin/kadmin which is one of the programs installed by the
> security/heimdal port.

I have a /usr/libexec/kadmind and /usr/local/libexec/kadmin, of course,
the one under /usr/local has the linkage to LDAP. I have start up
scripts kadmin and kerberos in /etc/rc.d and the kdc startup in
/usr/local/etc/kdc.sh. Is there a different startup script available for
started the correct one under /usr/local or do I need to make a change
to some config file? I placed the kadmind5 and kerberos5 entries in
/etc/rc.conf, but they are using the non-/usr/local versions, should I
be doing something else to have these use the versions under /usr/local?
Or should I just start the services on my own and disable the
/etc/rc.conf entries?

--
Robert