Date:      Thu, 21 Apr 2016 15:36:57 -0700
From:      Russell Haley <russ.haley@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Barebox?

The conversation about u-boot for Orange Pi One re-opened a curiosity for
me.

A friend of mine recently got Barebox/GUNLinux working with an old imx53
SOM I have (I've got like 10 of them! woo hoo!) and on the surface it seems
to do the same thing as we use u-boot for: loads an executable from a fat
partition. It seems to have support for quite a few modern arm SOMS. At
$work, they have used Barebox to boot qnx too.

Has anyone used Barebox to boot FreeBSD before? I ask because the fractured
structure of u-boot seems to cause many issues. I don't see the Barebox
project suffering from the same level of forking, but maybe I just haven't
seen it yet?

Cheers,

Russ