Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 2000 15:03:35 +0200
From:      Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
To:        Juergen Nickelsen <jnickelsen@acm.org>, Anatoly Vorobey <mellon@pobox.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSDCon East

At 2:18 PM +0200 2000/4/12, Juergen Nickelsen wrote:

>         Another several years later I am still sometimes baffled by a
>  sentence where my parser has to backtrack two or three times.

	I've been a native speaker/reader/writer of English for more than
thirty years, and I still have this problem.  While no one has
accused me of being an expert in the English language, its syntax, or
grammar, I hold myself to what I consider to be some relatively high
standards in terms of the quality of my writing.  Heck, some
sentences are even semi-readable.  ;-)

	Seriously, people approach linguistic perfection asymptotically,
and some get a lot closer than others, even within the category of
"native speakers".  Regardless, just because of stylistic
differences, it may be more or less difficult for native speakers to
comprehend what some other native speaker has said or written.