Date:      Thu, 11 Jun 2015 14:21:18 +0800
From:      "Euan Thoms" <euan@potensol.com>
To:        "Kurt Jaeger" <lists@opsec.eu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, "Chris H" <bsd-lists@bsdforge.com>
Subject:   =?utf-8?q?Re:_New_port_with_USES=3Dgmake_will_not_stage?=

> Hi!
>
> > Oops, I just found a folder in the source tarballs packaging folder=
 called "freebsd". And inside that is what looks like a fully baked por=
t.

> > # ls work/opensips-1.11.5-tls/packaging/freebsd
> > Makefile   distinfo   files/     pkg-descr
>
> I just did a quick make with that, it still has some issues.
>
> But: Someone should submit the relevant stuff as PR and then
> it can be worked on.

Hi Kurt.

Well, I'd like to be the maintainer and get it into shape. I'm still ha=
ving problems with Kamailio 4.2.x from your port. It needs restarting a=
ll the time, even with WITH=5FPRESENCE and WITH=5FTLS disabled. I had n=
o problems with 4.1.0 compiled manually on FreeBSD 8.3 with GCC 4.6.

I like the looks of OpenSIPS more. It has LTS, stable and dev branches.=
 The documentation and website seems better. I heard Google uses OpenSI=
PS for Google Voice, and just found out that Grandstream (my preferred =
SIP phone manufacturer) uses OpenSIPS for their VoIP service. There's o=
ther reasons too, but I won't digress too much.

I think my problems with Kamailio stem from building with Clang. My 4.1=
 installation was rock solid. But there may have been other modules inv=
olved.

I really want an OpenSIPS port, and I'm going to work on it solidly for=
 the next few days if I need to. I just need to solve this staging issu=
e.

--
Regards, Euan Thoms