Date:      Thu, 1 Aug 2002 22:53:41 +0200
From:      Hanspeter Roth <hanspeter_roth@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dma with Promise Ata/133 Tx2 and Plextor Px-w4012a

Hello,

I've a mixture which is probably not supported.
I have a Plextor Cdwriter PX-W4012A which I had connected to a
Promise ATA133 TX2 controller.
Burning works without DMA but as soon as DMA is enabled the system
hangs.
When the Cdwriter is connected to the motherboard's controller
burning works with DMA enabled.
The controller of the motherboard seems to be a VIA 82C586 ATA33.

Can one decrease the ATA mode of the promise controller?

-Hanspeter