Date:      Fri, 28 Aug 1998 08:03:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        Matt White <mwhite@oak.oakwood.k12.oh.us>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: mysql on 2.2.7?

On 28-Aug-98 Matt White wrote:
> Hello...
Matt,

I can assure you that mysql indeed does work, and work well under 2.2.7 and
-STABLE.  I've got it running here right now.  I used the port, too.

Are you starting mysqld with the script they provide?  Check
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql.sh

The script uses /usr/local/bin/safe_mysqld to run.

When I have started mysql, I've noticed that it gives me a message that mysql
core dumps, but then when I check, it's running fine.  I don't know why, but it
works.

Patrick

P.S.  mysql-3.21.30 on FreeBSD 2.2.7-STABLE (081298).