Date:      Thu, 8 Nov 2001 09:21:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      Will Froning <wfroning@angui.sh>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Will Froning <wfroning@angui.sh>
Subject:   Re: amd_map_program in rc.conf

OS: FreeBSD 4.3

Ok so the hack to get arund this non-unique key is to add line numbers.
But NIS doesn't care about map order when publishing maps.  So the whole
work around is:

ypcat -k amd.master | sort -n | awk '{print $2 $3 $4}'

Now I need to somehow get this assigned to amd_map_program.  Here are the
relevant entries from /etc/rc.conf.

amd_enable="YES"
amd_flags="-l syslog -F ${amd_map_program}"
amd_map_program="`ypcat -k amd.master | sort -n | awk '{print $2 $3 $4}'`"

But this doesn't work.  Any tips?  Am I not setting amd_map_program
correctly?  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Will

--