Date:      08 Nov 2001 18:20:08 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren?= Neigaard <neigaard@e-box.dk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SMTP server setup

Sorry for this offtopic question, but I have just been given a task at
job that requires this knowledge, and I know that a lot of you are gurus
on the topic :)

I need to setup a SMTP server (I may have to run it on Linux, I'm having
a hard time converting them to FreeBSD), and I just want to know if its
hard, and where to find a good tutorial. I also have a special
requirement; It must require a username/password to send mails (do I
have to do this with OS users, or can I setup a seperate database of
users).

Oh yes, and then there is the million $ question... When a user sends a
mail to this server, I want it to take the mail-data (sender, subject
and body) and deliver this to a URL as parameters. Can this be done, or
what is possible?

--=20
Med venlig hilsen/Best regards
S=F8ren Neigaard