Date:      Sun, 07 May 2000 00:50:20 -0600
From:      Chris Fedde <chris@fedde.littleton.co.us>
To:        "vagner" <george@vagner.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hosting mail only

On Sat, 6 May 2000 22:45:58 +0200  "vagner" wrote:
 +------------------
 | I need to host another domains mail
 |
 | how do i make it so their mail goes to my
 | server.
 |
 | the other domain has added a MX record pointing
 | to my machine (he is running NT 2000 server)
 | I added a mx record pointing to my machine for his domain
 | and added his domain to my allowed mail received list.
 |
 | i am getting this error when sending to him (jim@olenski.com)
 |
 | jim@olenski.com:
 | >     SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<jim@olenski.com>:
 | >     host olenski.com [209.63.182.189]:
 | >     550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for jim@olenski.com
 |
 | No 2 things can be the same, they cannot
 | exist in the same space at the same time.
 +------------------

You need to set your mail server so that it will accept the domain
as local.   If you are running sendmail you need to look for
/etc/sendmail.cw or /etc/mail/sendmail.cw or /etc/mail/local-host-names
depending on which version you are running.  Take a look at

    http://www.sendmail.org/virtual-hosting.html

for more info.

chris

--