Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2001 16:58:24 -0500
From:      dochawk@psu.edu
To:        swear@blarg.net (Gary W. Swearingen)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: master +CONTENTS list?

gary grinned,

> "Richard E. Hawkins" <dochawk@psu.edu> writes:

> > Is there a master list of all the +CONTENTS around somewhere, that I
> > can grep through to find which port(s) are supposed to have a specific
> > file?

> pkg_which looks up the packages database to tell which package each spec-
> ified file came from.

yes, but it depends upon the package being installed, doesn't it?  I'm
concerned about the situation in which, by disaster or otherwise,  I
need to find which package it *should* belong to so that I can force a
reinstallation.

hawk

--
What part of "non-negotiable" didn't you understand? /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk@psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700           \ /   against HTML mail