Date:      Sun, 2 Jun 2002 19:12:37 -0400
From:      The Anarcat <anarcat@anarcat.ath.cx>
To:        Max Okumoto <okumoto@ucsd.edu>
Cc:        The Anarcat <anarcat@anarcat.ath.cx>, libh@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: libh/include/hui HuiTVObjects.hh libh/lib/hui HuiTVision_ButtonsGroupWidget.cc HuiTVision_CheckBoxesWidget.cc HuiTVision_InputLineWidget.cc HuiTVision_LabelWidget.cc HuiTVision_ListBoxWidget.cc HuiTVision_ProgressIndicatorWidget.cc HuiTVision_RadioMenuWidget.cc

--U+BazGySraz5kW0T

On Sun Jun 02, 2002 at 02:15:31PM -0700, Max Okumoto wrote:
>=20
> I am trying to find bugs in the widget layout code.  The only
> time these functions are called is from the constructors.
> No other objects call minSize() or maxSize(), nor can you call
> them from tcl.

These kind of informations are precious to the project, and should be
recorded in the CVS history.

> In all cases the results are directly feed into resize() in the
> constructor.  But in most cases, the widget constructor already
> sizes the object to the correct size... so its redundent to
> resize it again.  The constructors that require resize need to be
> fixed.
>=20
> FooWidget {
> 	/** Constructor. */
> 	FooWidget() { resize(minSize()); }
> };

But why does this *require* removing the whole minSize() functions?
Couldn't these functions be used at some point?

A.

> The Anarcat <anarcat@anarcat.ath.cx> writes:
> > On Sat Jun 01, 2002 at 02:49:15AM -0500, Max Okumoto wrote:
> > >
> > >   Removed minSize() from all the HuiTVision objects.
> >=20
> > Why is this necessary?
> >=20
> > A.

--=20
Imagination is more important than knowledge
                        - Albert Einstein

--U+BazGySraz5kW0T

--U+BazGySraz5kW0T--