Date:      Fri, 13 Apr 2001 19:14:25 -0400
From:      lists <lists@vivdev.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, "Robert L Sowders" <rsowders@usgs.gov>
Subject:   Re: Ports versus ports

>When you port over a program to run on a particular operating system, you
>are just providing the correct paths and hooks into the operating system
>that are different from the old one.

OK!

Thanks for all the responses so far - this is the type of answer I was
fishing for.  I am wondering if there is more to learn starting from this
answer - i.e. more precisely/rigorously/technically what are the paths and
"hooks" into the OS, and so on....?

thanks,

chris

lists@vivdev.com

/"\    ASCII Ribbon campaign against E-Mail
\ /     in gratuitous HTML and Microsoft
 X    proprietary formats.
/ \    Post no attachments to the lists!