Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2001 21:58:55 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        sthaug@nethelp.no
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pcic-stable.diff.7

In message <84874.996166184@verdi.nethelp.no> sthaug@nethelp.no writes:
: Thanks, that got me a bit further. I'm now getting
: and when inserting the 3c575 card, I get
: pcic0: Unsupported card type inserted
:
: Needless to say, it doesn't work.

The '375 is a Cardbus card, and these changes do nothing to add
support for cardbus.

Please note, with these patches, you'll need to add "-I -i 11" to your
pccardd_flags in /etc/rc.conf (or add a line that has this on it).

: If I use my Netgear FA410TX (which works with OLDCARD), it also fails,
: however it is at least recognized:
:
: pccardd[87]: Card "NETGEAR"("FA410TX") [Fast Ethernet] [(null)] matched "NETGEAR" ("FA410TX") [(null)] [(null)]
: pccardd[87]: Failed to allocate IRQ for NETGEAR
:
: This card uses IRQ 3 with OLDCARD.

Right.  With these changes, you'll need to share the IRQ with the
bridge.  That's what the above line does.

Warner