Date:      Thu, 22 Dec 94 09:23:11 -0500
From:      knight@zko.dec.com
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        knight@zko.dec.com
Subject:   tcl/tk

Didn't someone mention earlier that some sort of change had to be made
to tcl/tk in the 2.0R packages to be able to make it run correctly?

I've tried a number of things, but when I try to run wish, I always get

   Tcl_AppInit failed: can't read "tk_library": no such variable
   %

And it won't run. Even setting the environment variable TK_LIBRARY as
defined in Ousterhout's book doesn't make the problem go away.

(fwiw, I installed the packages in the standard way using PKG_ADD. Things
look fine, including the permissions).

Thanks.