Date:      Mon, 6 Mar 2000 18:57:16 +0100 (CET)
From:      Marc Schneiders <marc@oldserver.demon.nl>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Discussions and "facts" [Was: Re: ssh strangeness in -current...]

On Sun, 5 Mar 2000, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> I'm quite surprised you've missed any discussion of OpenSSH here though,
> since it's probably been one of the most discussed topics here for the
> past few weeks.

I find it quite a problem that one is supposed to read very long
threads of discussions (which one may not be interested in, does not
have the time for, or cannot understand) in order to find the
information necessary to run and keep up with current without
problems. Or to solve any occuring problems.

I know current is not for those who do not want to read this list as
well as cvs-all.  Nevertheless it may be a good thing if plain facts
and fixes related to problems were posted as separate messages with a
clear subject line and not buried somewhere inside a long thread
(war).

Or a separate list?

The above remarks do not necessarily apply to the OpenSSH discussion
on this list. I did not follow it intensely, as I have had no problems
with ssh. It is something I wanted to write earlier. The quote at the
top was what made me do it now.

--
Marc Schneiders

*-*-* marc@venster.nl             *-*-*      http://superputer.com   *-*-*
*-*-* marc@freebeastie.org        *-*-*      http://secureasy.com    *-*-*
propro         	  2:50pm  up   2 days,  16:23,  load average: 2.17 2.04 2.01