Date:      Sat, 5 Nov 2016 11:49:03 +0100
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, dereks@lifeofadishwasher.com
Subject:   Re: mail/{neo,}mutt: why not packaged with gpgme?

--zxuizdoh2sruf3su

On Wed, Nov 02, 2016 at 09:45:51PM +0100, Niklaas Baudet von Gersdorff wrot=
e:
> Hello,
>=20
> While talking about an issue I have with mail/{neo,}mutt and
> security/gnupg on #gnupg on freenode I was advised to use
> security/gpgme with mutt. I haven't been using gpgme for a while,
> mainly because the packaged versions of both mail/{neo,}mutt have
> it disabled and I was too lazy to compile it on my own. Since
> I got that advice, I've started wondering:
>=20
> Why is gpgme disabled by default?
>=20
> As was argued (and as I experienced myself) setting up mutt to
> work with gpgme is much easier than without. Especially gnupg2
> made it difficult to configure mutt without gpgme. So why not
> enabling gpgme in the packaged versions?
>=20
> I decided not to create a PR about this request. If that's wrong,
> tell me and I'll create one.

For neomutt I haven't added gpgme as the default gpg setup works pretty fine
with gnupg2 and the gpg.rc I can be convinced that making gpgme the default=
 is a
good idea, though I have never used gpgme

Best regards,
Bapt

--zxuizdoh2sruf3su

--zxuizdoh2sruf3su--