Date:      Thu, 26 Jan 1995 14:57:07 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Alan Byrne <alan@picard.isocor.ie>
To:        "Steven E. Piette" <steve@simon.chi.il.us>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Slow ftp transfer times on Ethernet

Hi Steven,

No, I'm getting nowhere fast with this problem.
I also started doing NFS tests, and reading from the FreeBSD box is quite
fast (just like ftp'ing from the FreeBSD box) but NFS writes to the box
are very slow as are nfs reads on the box with mounted filesystems.

I've tried changing the interupts + configuration of the SMC card but no
good. I also tried using a 3-com card, same results. ( I think it's the
same driver, maybe this is where the problem lies ???)

A similar machine running SCO performs great - if I can't get this
resolved soon, I will be forced into installing SCO or BSDI. :-((

What is snoop, I haven't used it ??

I've tried configuring tcpdump ( & bpfilter ) but I can't get it working
either. At boot time it says ....
	bpf: lo0 attached
	bpf: sl0 attached
	bpf: sl1 attached