Date:      Tue, 24 Sep 2002 20:57:39 +0200
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@gmx.de>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP:  gzip packages on FreeBSD 4-STABLE

--NGIwU0kFl1Z1A3An

On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 08:52:05PM +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:
> Archie Cobbs <archie@dellroad.org> writes:
> > Megabytes are cheap and getting cheaper, while people's time and
> > frustration are expensive and getting more expensive...
>=20
> I beg to differ. Modem (V.90) links will still benefit from saved
> megabytes, because a MB across a modem takes like three minutes.
>=20
> MByte =3D> Time =3D> Cost.

Don't forget the amount of packages on the distributed cd's.

Although this restriction of space will probably disappear in time again
with the rise of the DVD-ROM.

--Stijn

--=20
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.  It's
just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."

--NGIwU0kFl1Z1A3An

--NGIwU0kFl1Z1A3An--