Date:      Fri, 27 Feb 1998 15:02:52 -0600 (CST)
From:      Alex Nash <nash@Mcs.Net>
To:        Studded <Studded@dal.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipfw not setting rules

On Fri, 27 Feb 1998, Studded wrote:

> 	With no changes to any of my ipfw rules, I noticed on reboot last
> night (after a 2/23 cvsup and make world) that ipfw was giving an error
> message instead of setting rules. So I cvsup'ed early this morning (around
> 12:30 PST) make the world, made a new kernel and got the same error,
> always about the supposedly missing 'to'. Here is an example:
>
>  4# ipfw add 65534 allow ip from any to any
> ipfw: error: missing ``to''

Thanks for the report, Doug.  I tried to duplicate this here using a
slightly older 2.2.5 (approx. early January) and an updated ipfw, but the
above command works fine for me.  I'll make another attempt to duplicate
this tomorrow morning after I get an up-to-date 2.2.5 built.

For reference purposes, can you give me the output of:

    ident /usr/src/sbin/ipfw/ipfw.c /sys/netinet/ip_fw*

Does anyone else see this problem?

Alex