Date:      Fri, 25 Apr 2003 12:07:09 +0200
From:      Dick Hoogendijk <dick@nagual.st>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ngctl question

I changed my ethernet card today and since than I get (to me unknown)
ngctl messages. It seems to happen after:

# pooh /kernel: /dev/vmmon: Module vmmon initialized
# ngctl send msg: No such file or directory (repeated 4 times!)
# pooh /kernel: vmnet1: promiscuous mode enabled

It seems related w/ the new 100base-tx card. It works fine, but I wonder
where these messages of ngctl come from, what the purpose is and what I
can (or should) do about it)

--
dick -- http://www.nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.8 ++ Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)