Date:      Thu, 20 Dec 2001 12:16:12 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jeremiah Gowdy <jeremiah@sherline.com>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, Gilbert Gong <ggong@cal.alumni.berkeley.edu>, Anthony Atkielski <anthony@freebie.atkielski.com>
Subject:   Re: Microsoft Advocacy?

On 20-Dec-01 Jeremiah Gowdy wrote:
>> You may be correct on this.  But then shouldn't
>> you say to us: "The best way to advocate FreeBSD
>> is to talk about it as a server, and never mention
>> it as a desktop system."?
>
> You hit the nail on the head.

If you think that I'm going to try to work on the FreeBSD kernel using Visual
C++ on a Windows box because you think that is the best desktop environment for
me to use, then you must be smoking some serious stuff.  You are saying that
the desktop software (X) that can be run on FreeBSD is not appropriate for ANY
use by ANY person.