Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 2003 09:27:50 -0800
From:      Ted Faber <faber@lunabase.org>
To:        Craig Boston <craig@meoqu.gank.org>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Signal 11 on X server startup (Was: HEADSUP: XFree86 4.3.0 update

--mP3DRpeJDSE+ciuQ

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 09:18:31AM -0600, Craig Boston wrote:
> On Sunday 16 March 2003 09:24 pm, Ted Faber wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 02:48:26AM -0500, Andrew J Caines wrote:
> > > Starting the server as normal with xinit gives normal startup messages,
> > > then fails with a signal 11:
> >
> > I have this problem, too.  Same nv server.  I'm happy to provide
> > details.  One that might help is that this is an Athelon XP 1800.
> >
> > Let me know what you need to debug with.
>
> I'm running in to this as well, also with the nv driver.  The card in question
> is based on the NVidia Riva 128 chip.
>
> The other two heads in this system (Rage 128 using "ati" driver and Geforce2
> using "nv" driver) work fine if I disable the Riva 128 in the configuration,
> and the Riva 128 by itself gets the signal 11.  I tried uninstalling all
> ports in the system and building XFree86 from scratch with the same result.
>
> Reverted back to 4.2.1 for now since I need this box for work :-/

Yeah, I was doing a full install, too, and backed back up to the
packages that came on the 4.7-RELEASE CD.

Other sources are current as of yesterday.  It seems to be the nv
driver, but it's tough to tell.

If anyone's working on this and needs more info, let me know.

--mP3DRpeJDSE+ciuQ

--mP3DRpeJDSE+ciuQ--