Date:      Mon, 17 Apr 2000 00:32:24 -0700
From:      Brent Rector <brent@talou.net>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        Zhenhai Duan <duan@cs.umn.edu>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: release2.2.6

I would highly recommend Release 2.28.

I don't think there are many differences, but I can say one of my
webservers running 2.28 has been up 300+ days now .. it is a 486-DX266
with 32 Meg of Ram and it consistently pumps out about 35 GB a month in
web traffic alone.

IMHO

Brent

Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Apr 2000 17:36:46 EST, Zhenhai Duan wrote:
>
> > I am looking for FreeBSD 2.2.6. Can anyone point me out where I can find
> > it? I searched several mirror sites, but the earliest one I can
> > find is 2.2.7. Thanks.
>
> That's probably because of numerous security-related fixes that went
> into 2.2.7.  If you really need to work up a 2.2.6-RELEASE, you're
> probably best off pulling the sources with the RELENG_2_2_6_RELEASE tag
> and building it yourself.
>
> Ciao,
> Sheldon.

Brent L. Rector                brent@talou.net
SysAdmin
Talou Internet Services Corp.  http://www.talou.net
-- As a computing professional, I believe it would be unethical for me
    advise, recommend, or support the use (save possibly for personal
    amusement) of any product that is or depends on any Microsoft
product.

--   OWNED?  MS: Who's Been In Your Computer Today?