Date:      Sun, 24 Sep 2000 22:15:38 -0700
From:      Sean-Paul Rees <sean@seanrees.com>
To:        cjclark@alum.mit.edu
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: arp:  00:0a:27:b1:2a:10 is using my IP address 0.0.0.0!

On Sun, Sep 24, 2000 at 10:09:34PM -0700, Crist J . Clark wrote:
> I'd worry about why the FreeBSD machine reporting these messages seems
> to believe it owns 0.0.0.0. That is not a valid host IP and should
> never be used as a network either.

The box has 2 ethernet interfaces. One of them (to the internet) is configured
via DHCP, and the other interface serves DHCP.

It is my belief that my interfaces are not listening on 0.0.0.0 - and when
I ping it, I get a response from my immediate first hop out toward the internet.

(this box does NAT)

--
Cheers,
Sean