Date:      Mon, 21 Oct 1996 13:50:07 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Jonathan Mini <j_mini@efn.org>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Screen savers for syscons....

>   I'm planning on modifying the screen savers that come with FreeBSD
> 2.1.5-R to work with other display devices other than VGA. (like my mono
> system) AFter that, I'd like to write a few screen savers that use the
> 320x200x256 graphics mode of VGA to create a few decent screen savers.
> (let's face it, other than the "green" and "blank" screen savers
> everything else is pitiful.)

Then please, do it the way we've always discussed it - as a
screen-saver-helper's library you can link your screen saver app with
and save on all the init/teardown code as well as having a convenient
graphics/text library for painting on the screen.  Then write your
first few screen savers as consumers of this library, as an
operational test.

Think "after dark module" :-)

						Jordan