Date:      Sat, 18 Mar 2000 18:46:12 -0800
From:      Jim Mock <jim@luna.cdrom.com>
To:        "A.Kamalov" <alexk@icnt.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: /usr/src/UPDATING file :: Can anybody send me this file ??

On Sat, 18 Mar 2000 at 21:36:31 -0500, A.Kamalov wrote:
> Jim,

Hi,

> I did cvsuped the source. I also updated my cvs (cvs update -P
> -d). But still under /usr/src/UPDATING I am seeing the same
> thing. What am I doing wrong ?? Under Linux it is so
> straightforward!! Here it is my second frustrating day trying to
> upgrade FreeBSD. Could you tell me where am I doing a mistake?? Thanks
> in advance. Here is my cvsupfile:
>
> *default host=cvsup2.FreeBSD.org
> *default base=/usr/src/cvsup
> *default prefix=/usr/src/ncvs
> *default release=cvs
> *default delete use-rel-suffix
> *default tag=RELENG_4
> *default compress
> #
> # Main Source Tree.
> #
> ports-archivers
> ports-databases
> ports-devel
> ports-editors
> ports-emulators
> ports-ftp
> ports-java
> ports-mail
> #ports-math
> ports-mbone
> ports-misc
> ports-net
> #ports-news
> #ports-palm
> #ports-print
> ports-security
> ports-shells
> ports-sysutils
> #ports-textproc
> #ports-vietnamese
> ports-www
> ports-x11
> ports-x11-clocks
> ports-x11-fm
> ports-x11-fonts
> ports-x11-servers
> ports-x11-toolkits
> ports-x11-wm
> ## Documentation
> ## The easiest way to get the doc tree is to use the "doc-all"
> # mega-collection.  It includes all of the individual "doc-*"
> # collections,
> doc-all

You're missing the source collection in your supfile.  Add this to it..

src-all

Btw, I've Cc'd the questions list again.. it's good to keep these on the
list so if someone searches the archives with the same problem they'll
find the message.

- jim

--
- jim mock - walnut creek cdrom/freebsd test labs - jim@luna.cdrom.com -